Five+ Strategy Tips
Five+ might look as if it is mainly luck-dependent at first sight,
but it isn't. High scores can only be achieved with strategically playing.
So here are some strategy hints to get you started:
- Build up lines near the border, so you have more room for navigating the game pieces around in the middle.
- Try to move as little game pieces as possible.
- When moving a ball away to make room for another row, move it into a suitable place.
- When positioning balls for a line, get the balls farthest from the row in place first (they have the best chance of getting blocked away).
- Try to build diagonal lines. They count as if they would be one ball longer. So this line with 5 balls gives you 5 points instead of 3.
- Long rows are rewarded with a lot more points than short lines. One row with 9 game pieces gives you more points than 5 rows with 5 game pieces together.
Tips for the special game pieces
- Use the explosive wisely! Don't waste it!
- If you are planning to insert a joker in row, insert it at last. So you maintain your chance to insert a suitable right-colored ball if one pops up and you saved a joker.
- Use the joker to connect different colored lines, e.g. four blue pieces + one joker + four green pieces = points for row with 9 game pieces
Submit your own tips
Share your favorite strategy with the other players!
Just insert your tips and tricks in the form below and press the submit button: